igubal® spherical bearings
The use of spherical bearings is usually associated with high weight bearing materials, difficult installation, and high costs. Most of the time, maintenance is still necessary over the long-term, and the bearings are only corrosion-resistant in special designs. Often roller bearings or plain bearings malfunction prematurely due to high edge loads, or because they need to be elaborately readjusted, reamed, or refitted in order to compensate for alignment errors. igubal® spherical bearings put an end to all of these disadvantages and open up many new possibilities for your engineering design: they are easy to handle, cost-effective, lightweight and robust.
The housing is made from igumid G, an extremely impact-resistant, long-fibre-reinforced polymer. Suitable for temperatures from -30 °C to +80 °C in long-term use.
In standard spherical bearings, the spherical ball is made from iglidur® W300 material, which is known for lowest coefficients of friction in dry operation and extremely low tendency to stick-slip. This is especially important for low loads and very slow movements.
Typical application areas
- Maintenance-free dry operation
- Mechanical joining link between two components
- Compensation of misalignment errors
- Food industry
- Railway technology
- Automotive industry
- Plant construction
You will find plenty of additional application areas at our [Link id="9"]
|When to use it?|
- For high axial and radial loads
- When easy installation is required
- In case of cramped installation space
- If chemical resistance is required
- If a cost-effective option is required
- If you need dirt-resistant bearings
- To adjust misalignments
|When not to use it?|
- If temperatures are higher than +80 °C
- If diameters above 12 mm are required
- If rotation speeds higher than 0.5 m/s are required
Maintenance-free igubal® spherical bearings have a tolerance in the inner diameter of E10. The shaft tolerance should be between h6 and h9. The bearing clearance allows for expansion of the bearings due to increasing temperatures. [Link id="10"] Assembly
igubal® spherical bearings are press-fitted into a recommended H7 housing bore and axially secured. Exact alignment of the bearing housing is not necessary since the spherical bearing automatically compensates for alignment errors.